We Care Labs holds the best Discharge Voltage Testing engineers with prepared propel instrument information, we safely discharge the battery with the first visual and technical inspection. The discharge test (also known as load test or capacity test) .The reason for a battery is to store vitality and discharge it at a required time. This area looks at releasing under changed C-rates and assesses the profundity of discharge to which a battery can securely go. The record likewise watches distinctive discharge voltage marks and investigates battery life under assorted stacking designs. Most rechargeable batteries can be over-burden quickly, however this must be kept short. Battery life span is specifically identified with the level and length of the anxiety delivered, which incorporates charge, discharge and temperature.
Discharge tests ought to be performed somewhere around 65°F and 90°F.
Discharge Voltage Testing Requirements
- A balance charge ought to be finished. 72 hours at 2.40vpc is suggested by SBS.
- A buoy charge of no under 72hours ought to take after the even out energize to begin of the test. All battery voltages ought to be inside resistances noted in charging segment 3.0. In the event that any batteries have a voltage outside of the reasonable buoy charge run SBS ought to be reached before the test beginning.
What to do if a Cell’s Voltage drops Below the Specified End Cell Voltage Prematurely
- If the predetermined end framework voltage has not been come to don’t interfere with the test unless an individual cell is moving toward Reversal of its extremity (0.0 volts).
- If at least one cells are moving toward invert extremity (0.0 volts) the test ought to be proceeded with the cell/unit avoided where possible. The time required to separate the cell, introduce the jumper, and restart the test might not surpass 6 minutes. Finish the side step far from the cell/unit to abstain from arcing. The new least voltage ought to be resolved in light of the rest of the cells.
- This “downtime” should not be incorporated into the test discharge period (i.e., the limit assurance might be founded on the Actual test time). Close to one “downtime” period ought to be permitted when a battery is being tried. It is essential that the client work with the maker or other experienced staff to arrange the strategy. The likelihood of a feeble cell(s) ought to be expected, and arrangements ought to be made for bypassing the powerless cell(s) with least risk to work force.
Temperature Effect on a Capacity/Discharge Test
In the occasion that the working temperature of the framework is above or underneath 77°F an amendment component should be connected to either A) the test Comes about or to B) the current connected to decide the genuine limit of the framework.
Partial discharge (PD) is a restricted dielectric breakdown of a little bit of a strong or liquid electrical insulation framework under high voltage stretch, which does not connect the space between two conveyors. While a peak discharge is typically uncovered by a moderately unfaltering sparkle or brush discharge in air, partial discharges inside strong insulation framework are not noticeable. PD can happen in a vaporous, fluid or strong protecting medium. It regularly begins inside gas voids, for example, voids in strong epoxy insulation or rises in transformer oil. Extended partial discharge can dissolve strong insulation and in the end prompt to break down of insulation.